This is just a quick update about my recent work on Spheriosity. I had promised myself that I would release a version over my winter break from college. Today I finally had time to sit down with the code and start working through a few bugs. I fixed most of the bugs that I know about, and now I have moved on into commenting and writing unit tests.
It was a bit of a struggle to motivate myself to write the current group of units tests, which is probably why they aren’t already written. I will write them though, and it will help keep Spheriosity more stable in the long run so it’s a worthwhile goal.
After the unit tests are done I plan to add one last feature which will handle midpoints of lines. This should be a snap to implement and it has been on my list for a while.
Finally, I will do a major update to the user documentation which will include a proof reading 🙂 .
After all that I will release the new version. I’m not sure whether I consider this alpha or beta. I’m going to have to give it some more consideration. It looks pretty likely that I will finish this all within the next two weeks so hopefully all goes according to plan 🙂 .